Saturday, September 8, 2007

Learning experiences

I rode the bus home yesterday and while eavesdropping on the bus driver talking to another rider that she knew pretty well..(there wasn't really a choice..he was sitting next to me and she was yelling from the drivers seat).

She has two kids..one of them is a boy. He's had a troubled childhood lately. Been moved around schools a lot..one cause he was in a lansing ghetto school..then he went to a catholic school..got severely bullied and picked on a lot at both..and now is in a school of choice and apparently doing very well.

She is finishing up a history degree and only has a few classes left.

Her mother is a professor at a community college and her father is a general practicioner.

Bus drivers in lansing can elect to take unpaid time off during the summer and she went on a road trip with her kids to see the grand canyon.

That was interesting to me. I would have not thought that this lady(I'd say she's between 27-32) that I've seen a few times..and admittedly..wrote her off as a bitch on one occaision...was so damn interesting. I mean..that's a lot of information to eavesdrop/learn about someone in maybe a 10 minute bus ride. But she did not talk at an eccelerated speed..nor did she completely bogard the conversation with the rider next to me.

Things that make you go hmmm...

No comments: